Division: Service & Fulfillment
The Performance Management Officer is a member of the Finance team and is responsible for ensuring timely and efficient generation of management accounting information in order to inform timely management decision making
Functions & Responsibilities
Support CFO to prepare annual (including board) budget and driving the achievement of the targets.
• Support staff appraisal system and other performance management initiatives/projects
• Prepare Monthly Performance Reports (MPR), monthly Executive MPR reports and other performance management reports as may be required.
• Perform detailed analysis of SBUs performance on a periodic basis (monthly, quarterly etc) to identify deviations from plan & recommend measures on how to improve performance.
• Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and performance metrics for wapic , Strategic Business Units (SBUs), products and individuals.
• Provide supportive and advisory services to all business segments to ensure the attainment of the business deliverable targets – diagnostic business reviews,
• Coordinate of MPR/SBR review as well as budget review sessions.
• Provide periodic product intelligence reports – Market size by product segment, customer segment etc.
Required Qualification /Experience/ Professional Membership
• A good first degree in any discipline
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an Insurance company
• Professional Accounting qualification required, so candidate should currently be registered as a student with an Accounting Professional body if not qualified
Required Skills / Competencies
• Excellent Financial Analysis / Interpretation
• Good strategic planning and management skills
• Good products knowledge
• Technology awareness
• Strong environmental/ industry analysis
• Good communication Skills (oral & written)
• Knowledge of accounting standards and taxation
• Cost and Management Accounting
• Performance Management
• Budgeting & Insurance Operations
• Flair for Research and development